Trafficworx is a software solution for planning and co-ordinating road (street) works used by highways authorities and related stakeholders (utility companies, contractors, emergency services, etc).
It is typically delivered as a web service that links the Highways Authority with all those parties that may have reason to undertake road excavations and/or closures as well as those who need to know which roads are closed or are likely to be congested due to road works.
Trafficworx uses digital mapping, a planning database and automated procedures to allow stakeholders to plan works, to co-ordinate works with other stakeholders, and to indicate precisely when and where the works will take place. As information moves between the HA and stakeholders, applications for planned works are approved and information is automatically published on a website, enabling the public to see where approved road works will be or are currently being carried out. The system also handles a vast array of other processes essential to effective road works planning, co-ordination and implementation including inspection and rectification procedures for reinstatements.
The Trafficworx solution was originally developed for the States of Guernsey, where it is known locally as IRIS (Island Roads Information System). Since the introduction of IRIS, the number of excavations and road closures has been reduced by more than 20%, mainly as a result of trench sharing through improved planning and co-ordination. It has also been widely acclaimed by service users, the emergency services and the public at large.
Trafficworx was the first proven, operational service enabling local authorities, utilities and other stakeholders to work together and coordinate roadworks effectively and in real-time.
The use of digital mapping and workflow software provides a precise, seamless system for application and authorisation, minimising excavations and inconvenience to all road users. Trafficworx automatically provides instant, up-to-the-minute information online on the current and expected status of roadworks and diversion routes.
Trafficworx applies a fresh approach to road works planning and co-ordination as it builds on the best principles of community leadership, e-governance and public-private sector partnerships. It offers, inter alia, the following functions:
- Long-term planning
- Diversion Planning
- Letter & E-mail Creation
- Notification & Publication
- Inspection & Monitoring
- Audit Trail
- Reinstatement & Rectification
Furthermore, because of the flexible nature of the underlying technology, Trafficworx can be readily adapted to meet individual customers’ needs and linked to existing databases, such as Confirm.
Highwayworx is a software system for the management of highway maintenance activity, it is GIS based and includes a number of smartphone & tablet apps.
A reactive highways maintenance management solution, the key functions and concepts of Highwayworx are:
- Full business process management with “To Do” and “Watch Lists”
- Management of both inspectors and contractors
- Comprehensive escalation procedures
- Intuitive and user-friendly interface
- Real-time monitoring throughout the job lifecycle
- Transparency, accountability and audit trails
- Direct seamless link to the permit application process within Trafficworx
- Comprehensive budgetary control over job pricing
- Seamless photo management of jobs
- Enhanced mapping integration including use of the latest road centreline data
- Comprehensive reporting options
- Ability to tailor the application to meet local / evolving business requirements
- Ability to enhance / extend the application to cover broader asset management requirements
- Web based system
- Mobile device integration & apps (iOS and Android)
- Fully hosted / managed solution (optional)