The Government of Belize proposes to implement a four year project to improve solid waste management practices in four municipalities of the Western Corridor (San Pedro Ambergris Caye, Caye Caulker, Belize City and San Ignacio/Santa Elena) that will support the goals of environmental protection, natural resource conservation, and protection of public health and safety.
The project will also contribute to enhancing the image of Belize in the eco-tourism market and strengthen the Solid Waste Management Authority of Belize as the entity responsible for improving solid waste management in the country.
The main objective of the consultancy is to prepare a National Solid Waste Management Policy and Strategy and update the National Solid Waste Management Plan, including:
- Design a National Solid Waste Management Policy that is consistent with, the waste management hierarchy, resource recovery and conservation and integrated sustainable solid waste management. The policy shall address issues related to: municipal solid waste management; management of waste water sludge and septage; and medical/clinical waste
- Design a Solid Waste Management Strategy as part of the above to deploy the Policy over a twenty year time horizon; define short, intermediate and long term objectives/targets for waste avoidance minimization; reduce, reuse and recycling; source separation of waste; resource recovery activities, such as composting and waste to energy; reduction in overall waste bulk generation; diversion of waste from landfills; treatment and disposal of waste.
- Update the National Solid Waste Management Plan.
About Integrated Skills Limited
Integrated Skills, operating out of Romsey near Southampton, is a specialist provider of routing and route optimisation software, smartphone & tablet solutions, environmental management software, highways management software as well as environmental consultancy in the following sectors:
- Environmental service operations
- Highways service operations
- Parcel & post
- Newspaper deliveries
ISL is a partner of ESRI for the ArcGIS platform.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.