Efficient route planning is key not only to competitiveness but to meeting the Smart Metering targets for utilities.
This is where route optimisation software solutions from ISL really makes a difference! Route optimisation and route planning software from ISL is helping utility companies to reduce and/or cap costs through the production of optimised routes that can be created daily as and when required or strategically for the modelling of roll-out programmes, such as Smart Meters, as well as meter reading and maintenance programmes.
ISL offers a comprehensive suite of route planning & route optimization GIS based software to manage the walking and/or driving of:
- Meter reading routes
- Smart meter installation routes
- Smart meter inspection routes
- Smart meter maintenance routes
- Smart meter signal strength testing route design
Geographic Information System (GIS) technology is now part of most modern utility services. But when it comes to route or territory planning for field service crews, meter operations and related geospatial activities such as inspections programmes, meter swap-outs and maintenance service activities, many utilities continue to use manual techniques or rely on scheduling software.
RouteSmart for ArcGIS gives users the ability to:
- Balance routes and meter reading cycle days based on total route time desired, number of crews available, number of stops/meters to service, or geographic preference of the workload territory
- Automatically sequence route-level workloads in optimal order that minimizes driving or walking time
- Provide full, open standards–based import and export support for getting data between RouteSmart and other systems
- Increase meter reading efficiency and achieve per-meter cost-to-read goals
- Create detailed street-level routing directions along with maps of service areas and individual routes
RouteSmart for ArcGIS route optimisation software operates within the ESRI ArcGIS technology platform and uses highly accurate street data from the Ordnance Survey and/or HERE (formerly NAVTEQ). ISL maintains official business partner status with both ESRI and the OS to ensure solutions are up-to-date and compatible with the latest releases and updates.
ISL solutions can be deployed in a desktop environment, externally hosted or in the Cloud. The RouteSmart Cloud deployment (Routing-as-a-Service or “RaaS” for short) is accessed via an API through a web services call and is therefore ideal when companies have an ERP system that lacks route optimisation / route planning functionality.