Bin2Day – A Smartphone App for the Improved Management of Recycling & Waste Collections.
“Bin2Day” is one of the UK’s leading smartphone apps for use by members of the public to manage their waste & recycling collections.
Making it easier for residents to manage their waste & recycling collections leads to improved participation rates, reduce contamination in the recycling bins & boxes, as well as reducing the number of calls to the contact centre.
With Bin2Day local authorities can:
- Notify residents of changes to collection days.
- Send reminders of paid-for collections (bulky, garden, clinical, etc.).
- Engage directly with residents when introducing new services, such as food waste collection.
- Notify residents if there is a delay to the service.
- Inform residents of recycling targets met.
- Set alerts to remind them when to put the bin out (and which one).
- Review what items go into which bin.
- View a collection calendar.
The app can be deployed in multiple languages with current examples being English and Welsh.
Bin2Day is integrated with local authority software systems to ensure each resident receives the correct data regarding their service, including RouteSmart-for-ArcGIS.
Bin2Day is available on two platforms – Android and iOS – ensuring maximum deployment and inclusivity for all residents, and can be easily branded with any corporate identity.
Bin2Day is just one in a range of web, smartphone & tablet apps available from ISL. Our smartphone & tablet apps can be deployed in various languages and currently include English, Arabic and Welsh.