The objective of this project was to strengthen the capacity of the Slovak Ministry of Environment (MoE) and other key stakeholders in the preparation and implementation of Public Private Partnership (PPP) projects in the waste management sector.
The specific objectives were to:
1. Analyse the current situation within the MoE with respect to PPP project identification and development
2. Develop and agree an activity plan and programme
3. Develop and deliver a series of training courses on the following topics:
a. Introduction to PPP
b. Preparation of PPP projects, with case studies
c. Public procurement for PPP projects, with case studies
d. Financial and economic issues, feasibility studies for PPP projects, case studies
e. Good and bad examples from preparation and implementation of PPP projects
f. PPP projects within the legislative and administrative framework of Slovakia
g. Overview of existing EU state aid policies and legislation, particularly in relation to post-accession EU funding of environmental projects
h. New regulatory changes in EU state aid policies and legislation
4. Preparation of a methodology aimed at optimising programming procurement and implementation processes for PPP projects, including a model for preparation and implementation of a pilot PPP project in waste management.
5. Provision of ad hoc advice and assistance on proposed PPP projects and related state aid issues.
6. Conduct a final workshop (2 days, 25 participants) on preparation and implementation of PPP projects in waste management, presenting the methodology prepared under item 4.
About Integrated Skills Limited
Integrated Skills, operating out of Romsey near Southampton, is a specialist provider of routing and route optimisation software, smartphone & tablet solutions, environmental management software, highways management software as well as environmental consultancy in the following sectors:
- Environmental service operations
- Highways service operations
- Parcel & post
- Newspaper deliveries
ISL is a partner of ESRI for the ArcGIS platform.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.