The specific objective of this assignment is to empower and prepare the Industrial Sector in Uzbekistan to implement the National Waste Management Strategy and the first 5-Year Action Plan.
Project activities included:
- Preparation of draft waste management self-assessment and audit procedures for industry.
- Testing the draft procedures in two pilot projects at selected industrial complexes.
- Evaluation of the experience gained from the pilot projects.
- Organisation and moderation of consultation workshops for key stakeholders from the industrial sector.
- Incorporation of the evaluated experience and the results of consultations in a Handbook on Industrial Waste Management Self-Assessment and Audit.
- Overseeing the translation of the Handbook into the Russian language, and its printing and distribution.
- Leading a discussion group on “Industry and Waste Management” at the National Waste Management Forum which took place in September 2004;
- Identification of potential sources of funding support for the implementation of projects and other interventions identified under the Strategy and the Action Plan.
About Integrated Skills Limited
Integrated Skills, operating out of Romsey near Southampton, is a specialist provider of routing and route optimisation software, smartphone & tablet solutions, environmental management software, highways management software as well as environmental consultancy in the following sectors:
- Environmental service operations
- Highways service operations
- Parcel & post
- Newspaper deliveries
ISL is a partner of ESRI for the ArcGIS platform.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.