Support ministries, government agencies and local authorities to integrate EU environmental legislation and standards into economic development planning; increase national and local capacity for the preparation of investment projects and programmes in the environmental sector.
The Project had three main components:
1. Establishment of the capacity to comply with the requirements of the IPPC Directive (2008/1/EC) both in Croatian authorities responsible for the Implementation of the Directive and in the enterprises falling under the Directive.
2. Further development of the national system for greenhouse gas emissions allowance trading and compliance with the Kyoto Protocol in line with Directive 2003/87/EC, Directive 2004/101/EC, Commission Regulation (EC) No. 2216/2004 and Data Exchange Standards for Registry Systems under the Kyoto Protocol.
3. Increasing the national absorption capacity for environmental investment projects, particularly in relation to forthcoming IPA and Cohesion funding for infrastructure projects in the waste management sector.
- Providing assistance and training to the Ministry of Environment, Physical Planning & Construction (MEPPPC) and the Croatian Environmental Protection and Energy Efficiency Fund (EPEEF) on the management and disbursement of IPA grant financing for environmental projects.
- Planning and delivering a series of 8 regional workshops designed to inform regional and local authorities about the requirements, rules and procedures for meeting EU standards and obtaining EU grant financing for environmental projects.
- Preparing training materials and a Manual on Project Cycle Management for End Recipients of EU Funds in the Environmental Sector, with focus on waste management infrastructure projects.
About Integrated Skills Limited
Integrated Skills, operating out of Romsey near Southampton, is a specialist provider of routing and route optimisation software, smartphone & tablet solutions, environmental management software, highways management software as well as environmental consultancy in the following sectors:
- Environmental service operations
- Highways service operations
- Parcel & post
- Newspaper deliveries
ISL is a partner of ESRI for the ArcGIS platform.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.