UK Government’s 25 Year Vision: Delivering 21st Century Environmental Services in UK’s Cities
Hosted by Birmingham City Council and Integrated Skills
When: Tuesday 13th November 09.30 – 16.00
Where: Banqueting Suite, Council House, Victoria Square, Birmingham, B1 1BB
Who should attend?
Decision-makers and Strategic Planners, Service Directors/Managers/Designers and Comms’ Managers from UK urban local authorities who are planning and delivering current & future waste & environmental services.
The conference theme is targeted towards helping the UK’s largest urban authorities meet 21st Century Standards; and in particular:
- Government’s new Waste Strategy targets; and
- public expectation for improved service quality
The conference will: showcase authorities already making significant improvements to their services; look at the tools and technologies to help them make the change, and preview the Smart Cities initiative. The conference will also address the human side of these changes; how can we best help our employees respond to new technology, and how can we engage with residents in new ways to ensure these challenging targets are achieved.
Keynote: The Government’s Waste & Resources Strategy
- Joan Walley – Chair of the Aldersgate Group
The Government’s Waste & Resources Strategy – Options for Local Authorities
- Victoria Hutchin – Associate Waste & Resource Management Consultant WYG
Route Planning, In-cab and Back-office Technology to meet Improvement Targets
- Gareth Barwell – Head of Place Management, City of Edinburgh Council
What Does a Smart City Look Like?
- Girish Betadpur – Amnick Social Enterprise
A Connected Technologies Approach to Waste Services
- Vaughan Johnson – Business Services Manager, Colchester Borough Council
Can you Nudge People to Recycle More?
- Trewin Restorick – CEO Hubbub UK
Realising the Transformation Potential of Technology Requires a Focus on Internal Change
- Suzie Hamlin PhD – Organisational Dynamics Consultant
Improving Service Quality – Tools for Change/Transforming Data into Service Intelligence
- Andy Clewes & Stuart Henshaw – Integrated Skills
Conference Cost Conference and refreshments are FREE.The number of places is limited so book early to ensure your place.
See the event flyer here: Smart Cities
TO BOOK YOUR PLACE, EMAIL:
About Integrated Skills Limited
Integrated Skills, operating out of Romsey near Southampton, is a specialist provider of routing and route optimisation software, smartphone & tablet solutions, environmental management software, highways management software as well as environmental consultancy in the following sectors:
- Environmental service operations
- Highways service operations
- Parcel & post
- Newspaper deliveries
ISL is a partner of ESRI for the ArcGIS platform.
For further information contact firstname.lastname@example.org.