Route Optimisation gets a green light in Northern
A group of Northern Ireland local authorities have given the green
light for their waste collection routes to be re-designed using the
world-beating RouteSmart routing software (www.routesmart.co.uk)
The nine-authority partnership, including Omagh (who spearheaded the project), Antrim, Banbridge, Cookstown, Derry City, Fermanagh, Larne, Lisburn City, and Strabane,
have put together a contract for route optimisation which is also open to other Northern Ireland Councils to join.
The solution provider is Integrated Skills (www.ukisl.co.uk) and the package
- RouteSmart software, remotely-hosted by Integrated Skills on a
dedicated server in a specialist, secure data centre with
concurrent access for users
- Integrated Skills highly rated maintenance and support
- Use of TrackSmart GPS tracking at each authority in order to gather ‘real-time’ baseline performance service times and travel speeds essential for high quality route optimisation
- Unlimited access to Integrated Skills’ web-based RouteSmart Horizon application for viewing routes and related data; managing route performance; and printing reports and maps
- Consultancy days for each authority to be used flexibly for software training and coaching; or route optimisation consultancy services from Integrated Skills’ team of highly experienced route optimisation Consultants/Trainers and waste management experts
- Open invitation to our UK seminar and training programme across the UK and membership of our active network of existing RouteSmart users
- The introduction of an annual one-day RouteSmart conference based in Northern Ireland
The flexible combination of software and consultancy support will enable
the Partners to carry out a full range of route optimisation tasks from
strategic modelling through to implementation of detailed routes and
include many of the requirements for their Route Risk Assessments.
About RouteSmart software
RouteSmart is the World’s leading GIS based route optimisation solution based on ESRI technology (www.esri.com). Deployed to over 75 UK local authorities and their contractors, RouteSmart enables these organisations to optimise routes driving through efficencies and cost savings via fleet reduction, reduced mileage and more time balanced routes / shift patterns.
The software is applied to a range of envinormental services including:
- Waste & Recycling
- Street Cleansing
- Winter Maintenance
- Gully Emptying
- Grounds Maintenance
RouteSmart software is also used in the postal service and utility sectors and is continually being developed by RouteSmart Technologies Inc (www.routesmart.com).
About Integrated Skills Limited
Integrated Skills Limited, operating internationally out of Romsey near Southampton, is a specialist provider of routing and optimisation software solutions as well as environmental consultancy. ISL’s routing and optimisation software solutions reduce transport costs, improves productivity (improved drop density, reduced costs per drop, etc) and maximises efficiency through reductions in fleet size, mileage, planning time/resource and can also be used for scenario planning when introducing new orders, customers, vehicles, routes and services.
ISL is a partner of RouteSmart Technologies Inc.™ (www.routesmart.com) for high density, door-by-door and street-by-street route optimisation software as used by local authorities and their contractors for waste & recycling services, winter maintenance, street cleansing, gully emptying, grounds maintenance, social care transportation and similar services. The software is also used in the postal services, newspaper distribution and utilities sectors.
WinRoute is one other routing solution deployed by ISL and is from the extensive portfolio of Canadian based Descartes Systems Group™ (www.descartes-systems.com). ISL is the UK’s leading reseller of Descartes’ vehicle routing and optimisation portfolio which includes WinRoute, Routeplanner, Routeplanner OnDemand and RoadShow.
For further information contact Alan Paget, Sales & Marketing Director at ISL.
Integrated Skills Limited, Rownhams House, Rownhams, Southampton, SO16 8LS
Tel: 07875 126 666
About Integrated Skills Limited
Integrated Skills, operating out of Romsey near Southampton, is a specialist provider of routing and route optimisation software, smartphone & tablet solutions, environmental management software, highways management software as well as environmental consultancy in the following sectors:
- Environmental service operations
- Highways service operations
- Parcel & post
- Newspaper deliveries
ISL is a partner of ESRI for the ArcGIS platform.
For further information contact email@example.com.